BaseballCardDatabase.com

Tutorials

No holds barred discussion regarding anything and everhting remotely related to the MLB and this site.

Tutorials

Postby jobiwan » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:23 pm

If anyone has any problems uploading files or information through the administration interface, please post them here. Hopefully, we can help you figure these out. I'm sure there are bugs that we have to squash too, and this will help with that.

***Note - The best browser to use on the admin is Firefox. Another called Flock is good too. Google Chrome, Opera, and IE have minor issues which will not allow you as much empowerment over your uploads.

***PLEASE DO NOT POST PASSWORDS OR SENSITIVE INFORMATION
jobiwan
Site Admin

Re: Tutorials

Postby twinsfan » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:11 pm

Hi jobiwan

When you set up the site did you use Fire fox. I have Internet Explore. I have tryed posting cards in the autograph section and click on twinsfan. Then i click on G
and no picture shows up. Only 2 of my cards worked one under F and M . I am doing it right. If i add another browser it works against my other browser.

Thanks
twinsfan
twinsfan

Postby twinsfan » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:30 am

Hi

What ever you did now i can load my cards to the autograph site.

Thank You for all the help.

Twinsfan :D
twinsfan

Postby jobiwan » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:18 pm

Thanks for your patience, twinsfan. No matter how many times I look, I always seem to overlook one or two gremlins.
jobiwan
Site Admin

Postby twinsfan » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:58 pm

Hi jobiwan

How come when i posted 3 different yesr Mitterwald cards then i click under M it does not show the other Mitterwald cards? It work for Smalley.

Thank You
twinsfan :?:
twinsfan

Postby jobiwan » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:08 pm

Clicking on the letter of the alphabet only shows one card for each player whose name starts with that letter. The reason that two Smalleys show up after clicking 'S' is that you've entered your Smalley's under two different names, as there are two Roy Smalleys in MLB. Click on Mitterwald's autograph again and it brings you to all of the autographs that you have for him.
jobiwan
Site Admin

Postby twinsfan » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:05 am

How come some times when i am loading 6 cards and then click on sumit it it will say that i need permission :?: to load
cards. Then i will go back and do it again then it will work. Does it have a time limint.

Thanks
twinsfan
twinsfan

Postby jobiwan » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:43 pm

There is a time limit, but it should be large enough to do 6 or so cards. Has anyone else had this problem?

The best way is to only bookmark your accounts page, and access all subsections through that page, so as to authenticate properly.
jobiwan
Site Admin

Return to BaseballCardDatabase.com Forum